DIFM DIVERSITY STIPENDS - Apply by August 25, 2022
Four $250 Diversity Stipends will be awarded in 2022
- One for a Professional Member (current RD/DTR and DIFM member)
- Three Student/Intern Members (currently enrolled in an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) or in a supervised practice through a Dietetic Internship (DI)).
Benefits of This Award
- Winners may choose to be a featured member on the DIFM website or participate in an interview with the hosts of DIFM’s “Integrative IDEAs in Nutrition Podcast.”
- Winners may be invited to join the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Committee to raise multicultural awareness within DIFM and the field of dietetics.
- Winners will be recognized for working with or intending to work with a diverse clientele that may include people of lower socioeconomic status and use or intend to use Nutrition in Integrative and Functional Medicine (NIFM) for their care. (https://integrativerd.org/ifmnt-radial/)
- Each applicant is considered individually, considering any underrepresented and marginalized groups with which the applicant self-identifies, works with, or intends to work.
Ready to Apply? Submit all 3 below to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on AUGUST 25, 2022:
- Personal Statement of 500 words or less
More about the Personal Statement
Please attach a personal statement (maximum 500 words) to explain your background and interest in sharing integrative and functional medical nutrition therapy (IFMNT) with a diverse community. Please address the following in your statement:
- A detailed explanation of your target audience.
- Why does this community or population matter to you?
- What changes do you hope to make with IFMNT within your target audience?
- How will this award help you to promote IFMNT to your target audience?
More about the DIFM Diversity Stipend
DIFM aims to gain a diverse membership representing many different demographics, including race, gender, age, religion, nationality, disability, and more. Our goal is to make DIFM an inclusive and welcoming group to new members from diverse backgrounds. We understand it is crucial to provide education on diverse practices. Therefore, we have formed an Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access committee to promote and educate dietitians about diverse food practices, health beliefs, approaches, and considerations. This committee launched the Diversity Stipend and the Diversity Webinar Series to shed light on the value and importance of diversity awareness. Our selection criteria give preference to people who identify with marginalized communities to center the voices of people of color and other groups underrepresented in the nutrition field.
NOTE: Current members of the DIFM Executive Committee and Leadership Team are not eligible to apply. Stipend winners are eligible to win only once every 3 years.
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org