Integrative Health Care Symposium
February 23-25, 2017
New York Hilton
You can’t miss this one of a kind, clinically relevant, evidence-based annual medical conference designed to educate, inspire and engage integrative practitioners and those interested in learning more about alternative and complementary approaches to heath care! Medical doctors, naturopaths, chiropractors, homeopaths, nurses, dieticians and nutritionists are just some of the hundreds of attendees who will benefit from this unique experience.
CUSTOM DIFM DISCOUNT – 15% DISCOUNT
Use the Discount Code: DIFM
Click link to register: https://www.xpressreg.net/register/ihsy0217/start.asp?SC=DIFM
Complimentary Integrative Health Journals
FREE digital subscriptions to three integrative health journals for DIFM Members- a $193 value- free!
In addition, Innovision Publishing will offer DIFM members an opportunity to purchase print subscriptions at $20.00/publication.
- IMCJ Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal
- ATHM Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
- Advances in Mind-Body Medicine
DIFM has selected several nonprofit organizations that provide educational opportunities and additional member benefits for Integrative Nutrition RDs.
American Botanical Council
ABC is an independent resource and information clearinghouse on the topic of herbal medicine. ABC’s Mission: To provide education using science-based and traditional information to promote responsible use of herbal medicine to consumers, health care professionals, government agencies, the herbal products industry, and the media.
Member Benefits offered by American Botanical Council:
- 50% off ABC membership including:
- HerbalGram online
- ABC information sheets
- HerbClip online
Click here to access link for ABC membership.
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
The Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine (AzCIM), founded in 1994 by Dr. Andrew Weil at the University of Arizona, is the world leader in integrative medical education. AzCIM Mission: to lead the transformation of health care by creating, educating, and actively supporting a community that embodies the philosophy and practice of healing-oriented medicine, addressing mind, body, and spirit. The AzCIM presents the annual Nutrition & Health Conference, a continuing education course that assembles internationally-recognized researchers, clinicians, educators, and chefs whose work focuses on the interface between nutrition and healthful living.
AzCIM provides DIFM members with the following benefits:
- 50% off online courses, click the following link for more information www.azcim.org/courses. Credits are available for the following courses: Nutrition & Cancer, Nutrition & Cardiovascular, and AI diet. The DIFM member discount code is DIFMDPG
- Access to additional nutrition-based educational resources, including webinars and newsletter articles
- AZCIM Scholarships in Integrative Medicine for 2016 SUMMER
The code for the 50% discount is DIFMDPG.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
The Center for Mind Body Medicine (CMBM), founded by Dr. James Gordon, combines modern science, wise tradition, and human connection to create a powerful new medicine centered on a simple concept-self-care. CMBM Mission: To teach scientifically-validated mind-body medicine techniques that enhance each person’s capacity for self-awareness and self-care to health professionals around the world, including those in traumatized communities in the greatest need. CMBM presents the annual “Food As Medicine” Professional Training Program, a feast of science and wisdom, designed by Integrative RD, Kathie Madonna Swift.
CMBM provides DIFM members with the following benefits:
- Discount to annual Food As Medicine conferences.
Food As Medicine for Women’s Health
Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Stockbridge, MA
November 2 – 6, 2016
DIFM Discount: Tuition for members will be $595
(Regular tuition is $795; lodging fees and meals are not included)
To register, click here for instructions
- Webinars by Dr. James Gordon and/or Food As Medicine faculty
The Institute for Functional Medicine
We believe good health and vitality are essential to the human spirit. Functional medicine is a personalized, systems-oriented model that empowers patients and practitioners to achieve the highest expression of health by working in collaboration to address the underlying cause of disease. The main objective of The Institute for Functional Medicine is to reverse today’s epidemic of chronic disease through education, research, and collaboration. The primary drivers of the chronic disease epidemic are the complex daily interactions among an individual’s genetics, environment, and lifestyle choices. Functional medicine addresses these underlying causes of disease and equips healthcare practitioners to help their patients manage this complex, interconnected web. IFM provides DIFM members with:
- IFM Membership discount rate at $225 (regularly $325) which includes online resources including the Natural Standard Database and the IFM Clinical Practice Toolkit, and the opportunity to interact with other functional medicine practitioners on the IFM Forum.
- DIFM members must place orders over the phone at 800.228.0622 ext. 3021. Please have your Academy membership number available, so we can confirm your DIFM membership.
International Society of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics (ISNN)
Mission: To serve as a focus for communication among interested scientists working in several disciplines (including nutrition, genetics, cellular and molecular biology, physiology, pathology, biochemistry, clinical medicine, and public health) studying the role of genetic variation and dietary response and the role of nutrients in gene expression. The ISNN was established in 2005 under the Presidency of Artemis P. Simopoulos, MD (USA) to increase the understanding of the role of genetic variation and dietary response and the role of nutrients in gene expression. This purpose is pursued through research and education of professionals and the general public.
ISNN offers the following benefits to DIFM members:
- A 20% discount for all DPG members on ISNN membership, which includes:
- on-line access to the Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics
- complementary access to the extensive database at Nutrigenetics.net
- ISNN provides nutritional genomics content for DPGs’ websites and newsletters Click here to view the latest nutrigenomics reference list
- Webinar offerings in collaboration with ISNN and the Research DPG To access the www.nutrigenetics.net database use the following information: Username: DPG Password: Member832
- Click here to access link for ISSN membership.
University of Kansas Medical Center, Dietetics & Nutrition-Integrative Medicine
Non-degree Online Graduate Dietetics and Integrative Medicine (DIM) 12 hour Certificate: Four Online graduate classes of 3 CE/semester over one year: Introduction to DIM, Inflammation and Immune Regulation, Dietary and Herbal Supplements, Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics in Health and Disease. Prereq: B.S.; Prereq or concurrent: genetics; or by approval of instructor. DIFM members: in-state tuition rates.
Degree: Dietetic Internship Fellowship and MS in Dietetics & Nutrition with Integrative Nutrition emphasis: An onsite program for candidates having completed a BS including pre-requisites for an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approved dietetic internship. The goal is to provide intensive experience in the integrative medicine clinic and create a nutrition professional knowledgeable in integrative and functional nutrition care to function as a skilled practitioner and member of multidisciplinary and integrative patient care teams.
Websites: http://integrativemed.kumc.edu and http://dietetics.kumc.edu/Integrative Medicine
KUMC Contact: Jeannine Goetz, PhD, RD, Dietetic Internship Director firstname.lastname@example.org
KUMC offers DIFM members the following benefits:
- DIFM Webinar 1: Summary of Dietetics and Integrative Medicine Certificate and KUMC DN 881 class content (30 min & 15 min Q&A)
- DIFM Webinar 2: Summary of Dietetics and Integrative Medicine Certificate and KUMC DN 882 class content (30 min & 15 min Q&A)
- DIFM Webinar 3: Summary of Dietetics and Integrative Medicine Certificate and KUMC DN 980 class content (30 min & 15 min Q&A)
- DN 881 Introduction to Dietetics and Integrative Medicine
- DN 882 A Nutrition Approach to Inflammation and Immune Regulation
- DN 980 Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics in Health and Disease
- In-state tuition for KUMC Dietetics and Integrative Medicine Certificate classes (4 – 3 hr graduate semester classes)
- Access to additional nutrition-based webinars/presentations on KUMC DN and KU Integrative Med websitesKUMC Publication: Dietetics and Integrative Medicine: Curriculum Development Model (2016)
Available on Amazon.com – Kindle and Paperback
published Oct 2016 to support all IFMNT educational programs to provide a proven-model to adapt to any program teaching IFMNT principles