Working With Competitive Athletes: An Integrative, Innovative Evidence-Based Approach for Assessing & Formulating Performance Nutrition Programs
presented by Lisa Dorfman, MS, RD, CSSD, LMHC, FAND
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Noon to 1pm ET
Lisa will share evidenced-based strategies & practical guidelines for designing dietary programs to meet macronutrient & micronutrient needs while tackling obstacles, challenges & roadblocks for meeting training and competition dietary requirements for recreational to competitive athletes.
After this presentation, the participants will be able to:
* Describe the overall priorities & process for the Integrative Sports & Performance Dietitian.
* Perform a step-by-step integrative dietary assessment & evaluation for evaluating the needs of competitive athletes.
* Identify challenges, roadblocks & potential consequential dietary deficiencies.
* Address performance eating opportunities & options for gluten free, lactose free, vegetarian & FODMAP free athletes.
* Select appropriate biochemical tests for evaluating nutritional status.
* Decide if, when & safety of supplements are indicated to correct deficiencies, reach optimal health & performance.
1 CPE credit (level 2)
Webinar will be recorded for future viewing