WHY JOIN DIFM?
Who We Are
Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM) is a specialty practice group of nutrition practitioners whose core philosophy centers around a holistic, personalized approach to health and healing. Our members integrate a variety of nutrition therapies including whole foods, tailored supplements and mind body modalities in clinical practice.
Why Join Our Practice Group?
Twenty–first century nutrition practice demands forward thinking professionals with a wide range of skills in systems biology, nutritional genomics, sustainable food systems, and dietary supplements who utilize a broad range of holistic modalities to provide personalized nutrition care. Integrative Nutrition RDs recognize that each person has their own genetic, biochemical, environmental, and lifestyle influences that uniquely impact health and healing. To survive and thrive in this evolving health care environment, DIFM will support you in expanding your knowledge and skills in integrative and functional nutrition therapy through education, advocacy and networking.
- Free annual subscription to the Natural Medicines Database, a comprehensive, trusted source for evidence-based research on dietary supplements (value $100+)
- Quality Integrative Nutrition RD newsletter, The Integrative RDN, is published quarterly: four print issues, each with expanded electronic versions archived on the website. Two free CPE articles each year, and full access to archived issues.
- Webinars and discounts on continuing education opportunities and materials
- Emerging research on Nutritional Genomics available via our website and newsletter
- Intellectual debate and progressive information available through the DIFM members-only Yahoo Groups forum/electronic mailing list (EML)
Networking Relationships with state of the art professional organizations offering excellent discounts on network programs and services. Our Networks include:
- Connection with other DIFM members through our “Member Search” database
- Opportunity to market your practice to consumers, clinicians, and health care organizations seeking personalized care from integrative and functional nutrition practitioners though our website’s “Find an IntegrativeRDN”
- Active student forum and student participation in all DIFM events and activities
- Social media groups including Twitter and Facebook
- Invitation to apply for educational stipends
- Invitation to apply for two awards – DIFM Excellence in Service Award and DIFM Excellence in Practice Awards. Awardees each receive $500.
- Membership Totaling over 4000 members
FREE digital subscriptions to three integrative health journals for DIFM Members- a $193 value- free! for DIFM members.
- IMCJ Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal
- ATHM Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
- Advances in Mind-Body Medicine
- Professional Membership — $40
- Student Membership — $20
DIFM Newsletter: The Integrative RDN
The Integrative RDN, DIFM’s newsletter, is designed to improve and build upon your understanding of integrative and functional nutrition therapies.
- Content rich articles with CEU opportunities
- Timely information on cutting-edge topics
- Clinical practice pearls
- Translation of research into practice
- Frequently asked questions about functional and integrative nutrition therapies
- Download Sample Newsletter HERE.
DIFM Member Events
- Business meetings, continuing education events, and other activities
- Webinars offered throughout the year on a variety of hot topics in integrative and functional medicine
- Mind Body Happy Hour at FNCE exploring various modalities such as yoga, qi gong, aromatherapy
Academy Voice and Advocacy
- DIFM Representation in the Academy House of Delegates
- Authoring and/or reviewing JAND position articles
- Participation in the Academy’s Council on Future Practice
To take advantage of all these benefits, JOIN DIFM NOW!